Complex Configuration, Made Simple!
When dealing with Oracle Fusion based environments, one of the most common and complex problems that an organisation faces, is how to manage the configuration and deployment of their solutions in a simple and standardised way.
Often the configuration of Oracle Fusion environments is based around a combination of manual processes, documentation and templates. While this approach might offer some benefits, it is generally shown to be problematic when deploying Oracle Fusion in anything other than a simple environment.
The Integral ConfigNOW tool has been designed from the ground up to support the deployment of complex Oracle Fusion environments in a simple repeatable manner. It allows the developer or administrator of the system to reduce the entire configuration of the solution to a single configuration file, which can be source controlled and used as a template for all the instances of the environment as it moves from development to production.
Integral ConfigNOW reduces a potentially complex task of configuring the environment to a simple, single file that can be used by developers and administrators alike to ensure complete environments consistently.
The advantages of this approach are clear:
- Reduces the administration complexity by turning a previously complex job in to a single process
- Removes the possibility of variations between environments, as each Oracle Fusion environment is built from the same underlying template
- Significantly improves the ability to do problem diagnosis and performance tuning in non-production environments
- Makes the process of deploying the solution a simple, repeatable, testable one
- Makes full use of all the latest capabilities of Oracle Fusions configuration management tools (such as WLST and Domain Templates)
- Can be easily extended by developers or administrator to make use of the latest advances in Oracle Fusion configuration management tools or custom functionality required by the client
- Fully aligned with the latest Oracle approaches for application deployment, outlined in the ‘Oracle Fusion Middleware Enterprise Deployment Guide (EDG) deploying SOA Suite 11g’
ConfigNOW 4.1 Configuration Management In Action
Get started by creating a free account.